08 October 2009

Volunteering

I had gotten a job as a tutor for math and science when we got to San Francisco. Alas, I have yet to have any students. So, in an effort to use my skills for more things than cooking and knitting, I am trying to do some volunteer work. The first museum I applied to was all full up due to summer students. Luckily some further poking on the web landed me at a website for another science museum- pretty cool. I have submitted my application and hopefully they can find a spot for me. I am more hopeful this time; the coordinator already got back to me and said she was looking for a spot for me. Yay. I think working full time in a museum would be great, so this could be one baby step towards that goal.

0 comments:

 
La petite tricoteuse © 2008 Template by Exotic Mommie Illustration by Dapina